Both I and the church family of Hartford are honored to have you visit us here today. We trust that we shall have the privilege of meeting you in person soon. Please feel free to call or email, I would love to know what God is doing in your heart.
The burden of Hartford is to lift high our Resurrected Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All of the great questions in life: "Why am I here? ; What will happen after I die? ; Can I trust the Bible? ; Can I know for sure that I have eternal life?" can all be answered from the Bible. If you do not know for sure that Heaven is your home or that you have been Born-again, may I challenge you to read these Bible verses?
1. Realize you are a sinner. (Romans 3:10, 3:23)
2. Understand that sins price must be paid. (Romans 6:23)
3. Know that Jesus Christ paid your debt in full. (Romans 3:24)
4. Accept the fact that you need a change in your life and only Jesus can do it. (Acts 3:19)
5. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and invite him into your heart. (Romans 10:13)
It is a great honor to serve a Great God beside a wonderful church family.
Welcome and thank you for visiting our webpage. Please take a few minutes and get to know us. We look forward to the time when we will have the privilege of meeting you. If you have any questions please feel to contact us. The entire Hartford family wishes you a warm stay while you are visiting us. God Bless.
We were founded during the time when America was expanding west. It was during the days of William Moorman, a circuit riding preacher of 1835, Hartford Christian Church was birthed. The trading post, known as Hartford, was quickly abandoned because of the final location of the canal and Spencerville was established. Hartford Independent Baptist Church is all that remains of that almost forgotten time and trading post. The building of Hartford Church, was originally built in 1901, near an apple orchard planted by Jonny Appleseed. A rich history is here at Hartford and we would like for you to be a part. If you are in the area, you may just hear the old church bell from 1903 ringing to bring you in. We would love for you to come and visit, and become a part of our history.
1. Accept the Truth about yoursin.Romans 3:10 "As it is written, there is none righteous, no not one." We are all guilty of sin. 2. Accept that Sinners will be Judged.Romans 6:23a "For the wages of sin is death" (Separation) 3. Accept that Jesus paid for your sin penalty.Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." 4. Turn from life without Him to a life with Him. Ask Christ to change you.Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Acknowledge these things and invite Jesus into your heart and life.Salvation is a Free Gift- Romans 6:23b "But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord!" Tell Jesus your desire for that GIFT!
Copyright 2020, Hartford Independent Baptist Church | Spencerville, OH